- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- dash salt
- 6 Tablespoons butter
- pinch cayenne pepper or sriracha
1 – Combine egg yolk, water, lemon and salt in a cup.
2 – Melt butter.
3 – Process 1 with immersion blender, slowly adding butter until emulsified.
4 – Season and serve immediately.
- Add 2 inches water to a saucepan plus 1 teaspoon salt and 2 teaspoons white vinegar. Simmer over medium heat.
- Crack 1 cold egg into a custard cup. Use the handle spoon to quickly stir the hot water in one direction until it’s all spinning around.
- Carefully drop the egg into the center of the whirlpool.
- Turn off the heat, cover the pan and set your timer for 5 minutes. Don’t peek, poke, stir or accost the egg in any way.
- Lift it out: Remove the egg with a slotted spoon and serve immediately.
Toasted English Muffins
Canadian Bacon or Crab Cakes