- 2 lbs medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 lbs chopped okra
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can Rotel tom. with green chili’s
- 1 Tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon each Pepper, Cayenne, Thyme
- 1 bay leave
- 10 cups water
1 – Season shrimp with salt, pepper, cayenne and set aside
2 – Heat oil in large pot over medium heat and saute okra for 20 minutes, add tomato paste, onion , garlic, celery and pepper and saute for 15 minutes more.
3 – Add water, bring to boil and reduce heat to low, simmer 45 minutes, add shrimp and simmer for 10 minutes more.