Shrimp & Grits
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Cajan seasoning, smoked paprika, organo
- 4 slices thick cut bacon
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- OPTIONAL 1/4 cup thinly sliced red bell peppers/celery
GRITS – Instant Pot
- 1 cup stone ground grits
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 cup sharp cheddar, shredded
- 1/2 cup milk
Step by Step Instructions
COMBINE GRITS, BROTH, SALT – Instant Pot High 10 minutes, Wait 15 minutes to release, stir in butter, cheese, milk.
Chop bacon into 1 inch pieces and fry, set bacon aside.
Add onion, garlic, peppers to bacon grease and saute.
Add seasonings, then shrimp, cook only until just done.