- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2½ cups buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and kosher salt together in a bowl. Using the whisk, make a well in the center. Pour the buttermilk into the well and crack eggs into buttermilk. Pour the melted butter into the mixture.
- Starting in the center, whisk everything together, moving towards the outside of the bowl, until all ingredients are incorporated. Do not overbeat (lumps are fine).
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over low heat for about 5 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon oil or butter to the skillet. Turn heat up to medium–low and using a measuring cup, ladle ⅓ cup batter into the skillet.
- Flip pancakes after bubbles rise to surface and bottoms brown, about 2 to 3 minutes. d keep in heated oven until all the batter is cooked and you are ready to serve.