- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for hands and work surface
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, frozen
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (plus 2 Tbsp for brushing)
- 1 large egg
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 heaping cup fresh or frozen blueberries (do not thaw)
1. Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt together. Grate frozen butter and add it to the flour mixture.
2. Combine with a pastry cutter until the mixture comes together in pea-sized crumbs.
3. Whisk 1/2 cup heavy cream, the egg, and vanilla extract together in a small bowl. Drizzle over the flour mixture, add the blueberries, then mix together until everything appears moistened.
4. Pour onto the counter and, with floured hands, work dough into a ball. If it’s too sticky, add a little more flour. If it seems too dry, add 1-2 more Tablespoons heavy cream. Press into an 8-inch disc and, with a sharp knife, cut into 8 wedges.
5. Place scones on a plate and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400°F
7. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and arrange scones 2-3 inches apart on baking sheet.
8. Bake for 22-25 minutes or until golden brown around the edges and lightly browned on top.