Black Bean Burgers
- 2 (14 oz) cans black beans, drained, rinsed, patted dry
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 3/4 cup finely chopped bell pepper
- 1 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup Feta cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tablespoons mayo
- Dash salt & pepper
1 – Sauté olive oil, chopped pepper, onion, and garlic over medium heat until peppers and onions are soft.
2 – Place in a large bowl or in a food processor with the remaining ingredients. Stir or pulse everything together, then add the black beans. Mash with a fork.
3 – Form into patties– about 1/3 cup of mixture in each
NOTE: These freeze well, wrap individually and place in zip-lock bags.
4 – Bake at 375 for 10 minutes each side, or grill 8 minutes each side.