Black-Eyed Pea Dip
- 1 T butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 T finely chopped pickled jalapenos/ or 1/2 t fresh
- 1/4 t cumin
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 (10 oz) can Rotel, drained
- 1 (15 oz) can Margaret Holmes seasoned black-eye peas, drained
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican or cheddar cheese
PREHEAT OVEN 350
Melt butter and saute onions till soft.
Add all except cheese, stir to mix and remove from heat.
Pour into cast-iron skillet or baking dish, top with cheese.
Bake 20 minutes.