- ½ English cucumber peeled, seeded & grated
- 3 med. garlic cloves, finely minced or passed through the garlic press
- 2-3 TBSP. fresh dill, finely minced
- 16oz. container of plain Greek yogurt (like FAGE)
- 3-4 TBSP. Kosterina extra virgin olive oil
- 1 TBSP. wine vinegar
- ¼ tsp. salt
Step by Step Instructions
Peel the cucumber, seed it and grate it. Place it in a colander, sprinkle with some salt and let it sit for half an hour. Squeeze the water out by pressing it between the palms of your hands. Place the grated cucumber in a medium bowl.
- Mince the garlic cloves and the dill and add it to the bowl.
Add the rest of the ingredients, season with salt, mix well and refrigerate for at least a couple of hours.
Before serving, mix again, and serve with toasted Greek pita bread cut in triangles and carrot or celery sticks.
Note: This spread keeps well in the refrigerator for up to a week.