7 Layer Salad
Yep, the original 70’s southern salad.
- 1 large head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 can water chestnuts
- 10 oz frozen English peas
- 5 boiled eggs, sliced
- 2 cups mayo
- 8 oz grated cheddar
- Crumbled bacon (optional)
1 – Wash, drain and chop first 4 items. Drain chestnuts and rinse frozen peas. Slice boiled eggs.
2 – Layer all ingredients in order listed above. Spread mayo to seal edges of bowl. Top with grated cheddar and crumbed bacon.
3 – Cover tightly and refrigerate overnight.